If you are requesting Banner access for the first time, you will be considered a new user. All new users are required to sign the online confidentiality agreement within Banner Self Service and complete the Security Awareness Training within Canvas. If you are a current Banner user requesting additional access, you would have already signed the confidentiality agreement and do not need to do so again. This will be true even if you have access to other modules in Banner, like Finance, but do not have access to the Student module.
Current and New Accounts
Current Banner users can add to their existing access by following the instructions below. New users can also request access, but they must have signed the online confidentiality agreement as stated above and have an active NinerNET account.
Complete the Banner Access Request form and submit. You may accomplish this by following these steps:
- Follow the Banner access request link. If you are not already logged in, you will be prompted to do so. You must login with your NinerNET user ID and password. Once you are logged in, you will be returned to the Banner access request form.
- You will be asked if you have signed the University Confidentiality Agreement and completed the Security Awareness Training on Canvas. Before a Banner Security request can be processed, these two items must be complete. The form will not allow you to submit if you mark either of these two questions as not completed.
- Click the Next Page button and you will be sent to the next page of the form. Your name and University ID number will automatically populate. Please enter your UNC Charlotte emiail address, supervisor's UNC Charlotte email address, and the department you work in.
- Select the desired list of Banner Student security options. You may also make additional comments and requests in the text field at the bottom of the form. You may also select the "Save Draft" button and return later to complete the form. Your access request is not complete until you have submitted the form. When you are satisfied with your selections, choose "Submit." Once you submit the form, you cannot go back and make changes.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you. Please read it carefully to ensure that the information is correct.
A related email will also be sent to your supervisor. Your supervisor must read and reply to this email, which will also contain the information you submitted in your access request.